Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AutoCraft

SQO Instruction

7 posts in this topic

I need help creating a SQO instruction with RSLogix 5000 software. I have worked with RsLogix 500 for many years and can I create the SQO without any problems. I'm sure what my problem is how to create the tag(s) for the array etc. *Please note the attached document which is a screen shot of the SQO created in RSlogix 500. SQORSlogix500.doc

see if this gets you closer ... notes: in the example I've given ... B3_0 is a BOOL type tag ... B3_1 is a DINT type tag ... N7_0 is an Array of DINT type tags with a Length of 49 ... R6_0 is a CONTROL type tag ... if you need help with any of the "details" then post again and tell us specfically what's giving you a problem ... and welcome to the forum ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

well, if that means that you're TOTALLY lost on how to even begin, then Right-Click on the Controller Tags icon - and follow the arrows below ...

Ron, how do you do such pretty artwork on your screen captures?

"pretty" ??? thank you - but I never thought of it that way ... actually it's nothing but plain old Microsoft Paint ... the "trick" to making the curved lines is where you "grab" it for the first stretch - and then "grab" it again for the second stretch ... it makes a difference whether you grab first at the "start point" of the line - or grab first at the "end point" of the line ... one way makes a smooth "C" shaped curve (as in the post above) ... and the other way makes a zigzag "S" shaped curve ... Edited by Ron Beaufort

Wow that is simple, I'll have to work with it sometime. I'll see if I can get a hold of you next week sometime and catch up, it's been a while

Sorry, For not responding sooner but today was the first time I had to work with the suggestions. The information was exactly what I needed to make the SQO work. Can someone suggest any material or perhaps tell me how the BSL (Bit Shift Left) instructions works. Maybe tie it in to an application. Thanks again!