Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BAK96

GOT1000

4 posts in this topic

Recently I set up an GOT 1000 with the MES data collection interface. Everything seems to be working properly except I can not establish a connection to the GOT from a open VPN connection from work. My IT guy has set everything up on the server side and I have my IP address and default gateway correct. I can establish connection from work lan system but not from home. I can ping the GOT and get a response but get connection failed when try to connect. I beleive the VPN is set up right from work because I can access the company lan and serial to ethernet converters for PLC connections. Any one have any ideas or ran into this before. Thank you, Brad Edited by BAK96

You have the correct gateway in the GOT?? This is very important so that the GOT knows where to send data when you are using the VPN connection. The gateway address is normally "not used" when you access the GOT locally, but plays a big part when accessing from a VPN connection.

Yes the gateway is correct. We rechecked everything multiple times. We have contacted Astaro which is the adminastrative software for our VPN connection. No fire walls are blocking. We are going to try turning off the intrusion protection feature off for a few minutes to see if this may be the cause. Waiting on Mitsubishi Tech support as well Edited by BAK96

I ran a packet sniffer and may have found the problem. The sniffer software is saying to change the port binding from the network to the GOT. I am going to review with IT tomorrow since I do not know enough about this area. Hopefully we can resolve soon.