Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
techyfunky

S7200 communication link break

5 posts in this topic

Hi all! I have a system in which has five cylinders and ON or OFF operation of the solenoids controlling any two of them will be in operation every 2 to 3 seconds. This system is controlled by S7 200 PLC.I am using the Pheripherial Programming cable for programming.I am able to establish communication and download program properly. When i try to monitor the program online for debugging, The communication link breaks and step 7 microwin goes offline.This causes a big headache during in debugging. I have been using S7 200 for several applications but only in this application with many solenoid activations in the background is causing this communication problem.I suspect it due to some noise because of this solenoids activation.I am i in anyway correct regarding my guess...? Have anyone faced problems like this...? Can anyone suggest me any solution in avoiding this communication break problem...? Any suggestion will be really great..!

I doubt your communication issue is related to noise unless grounding is no good. Are you using a version of MicroWin which is supported on your PC's OS?

1. Try to disconnect load (all outputs disconnected) and then try to monitor. 2. Port settings? Did you change SM area?

@ Crossbow! Well i am using Microwin ver 4.0 and Windows Xp Professional.I believe there is no compatibility problem in this. @ Sparky 1. My intention is to monitor in live whats happening programmatically as well as the operation of the machine. Well I programmatically dissabled the output coils as a result the solenoids were not getting energized. At this kind of instance i am not getting any break in the communication link and everything is fine. Few seconds after the solenoids starts getting energized as per the machine operations the link breaks. 2.I have not touched anything in SM area. 3. port settings : Local Connection: USB, PPI settings are as shown in the attachment.

Techy, Are you activating the solenoid valves directly from the plc or using Auxiliary relays in between? It seems that valves are causing noise problem on the power supply which causes problem on the communication. Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca