Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ben

WinCC Flexible 2005 SP1 HF7 crash

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I had WinCC flex 2005 SP1 HF7 installed and working fine for more then a year on my XP professional SP3 laptop. I had to uninstall Sinamics Micromaster Sizer 3.3 (for S120 Servo system) and install older version 3.2. The installtion gave me lot of trouble saying "newer version of sizer already installed". So I cleared registry and uninstalled SQL server related to sizer. This probably screwed up the SQL server for WinCC flex and I still can't install 3.2. I can open the WinCC but when I try to open a project or create new, it crashes with "unhandled win32 exception Hmies.exe" while showing "creating database access" on progress bar. So, I tried following, without success 1. Re-install WinCC flex2005, Sp1 and HF7. 2. Using WinCC installation manual, from command prompt cleared SQL server and re-installed 3. Talked to Siemens tech support who provided a utility to uninstall the WinCC properly. I uninstalled, everything went well. While installation again the same "unhandled win32 exceptions" were visible with various file names. But ingnoring it continued the installation. However the end result is still same. I was also told by siemens that this WinCC version is not compatible for XP SP3. I think downgrading service pack would mean formating the drive and clean install of XP. That seems to be next to impossible. Any idea on how this can be solved? Edited by Ben

Sorry for this Ben, even i had the same problem 2 weeks a go, a part for reinstalling Operating System (Win Xp), i have tried all the possible ways to get winCC Running, but i failed. finally i had to install WinCC 2008, SP2 to again use WinCC in my laptop.

Ben, I have wincc 2005 with HF7 on my XP with SP3. I don't have any problem with it. I think you have problem with your windows. You need to re-install the windows. Regard, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca

Behnam, As mentioned, mine was also working for more then a year. However, the compatibility matrix (see attached) of WinCC 2005 SP1 HF7 shows only Windows XP SP2 and not SP3. When I uninstalled sizer 3.3 and tried to install 3.2, it kept saying "newer version already installed". So I also uninstalled the microsoft SQLserver for sizer. This probably corrupted the SQL for WinCC. This is evident as WinCC statup works fine but while making a new project, at the point when it says "creating Database Access", it falls apart. Point is, I tried to repair the SQL by using command line "setup.exe /z"UTAH_U". The uninstall and install worked fine but still same issue. I also used the WinCC uninstall unitility suggested by siemens, but it still isn't working. I am sure with clean slate I would be able to install it again (which I did on another laptop with XP Sp3). I am just trying to figure out if there is a way to repair such corruption. Compatibility with Microsoft(22055368_WinCC_flexible_MS_BS_2005_V1_0_e).pdf

Ben, Unfortunately I don't know any way to get around this problem. If I were you, I wouldn't spend time on it and would go with a clean install. I know it is pain in butt to re-install windows and all the software but you gotta do what you gotta do. Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca