Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drluggo

Controllogix MSG To SLC - COMPLEX Path

6 posts in this topic

Please refer to the screenshot of my RSWho session for a description of the network. I need to send a message from the Controllogix at 192.97.133.44 to the SLC 5/04 named CIP_20 and I have no way of knowing how to setup the commuincations path. I am thinking it starts like this: ENBT_02,2,192.97.133.62,1,4 but then ?????????????????????????? Please help! screenshot.doc

Why don't you just setup the message instruction in the CLX and then go to the communication tab. Select browse, and point to it in you CLX tree instead of trying to figure the path out? Just a thought.

I am not sure what you mean????? In the message setup, I can only browse to my own ethernet card in my own chassis, cannot browse past that. Am I missing something?

Is the CLX PAC located in the same Chassis as 192.97.133.44 bridge? If so, what is the slot number of the 1756 ENBT/A?

I got it. I needed to change the message format to DH+ and get the comms parameters correct. For those intereseted, the attachement contains the configuration that I ended up with. screenshot.doc

I have the need to do reads to this SLC as well as writes. Writes are working flwlessly, but now reads are giving me fits. All I do is copy the MSG instruction, change the message control tag, and set to SLC Typed Read and I get an error "Illegal command from local processor" Any ideas?