Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
schui

FT View

4 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have FT View 5.0 installed on my laptop (HP ProBook 6545b) with XP Pro, Version 2002 Service Pack 3 this software keeps crashing causing blurry screen, parts of the graphic disappearing has any body come across this or have a solution, called Tech Support and got the usual answer "Havent seen that problem before sorry" i have this software installed on my PC with the same version of XP and i have no issues id appreciate any help Thanks.

I haven't seen blurry, but I have seen lots of lockups, crashes, and empty screens, unfilled project tree, etc. Look in the factory talk diagnostic viewer for errors. If you have techconnect, search the knowledgebase at ab.com for similar issues. I am sure you have rebooted already, but that can sometimes help. Did you install it in the normal path? Did you install the Factory Talk services Platform? Did you install the patches?

Thanks for your reply yes i have done all you have suggested I sent the diagnostic file to Tech support and still they couldnt find the problem

Are you actually getting a software "crash" (i.e. the Studio or Runtime application stops, with or without an error message) or are you just seeing corrupted graphics and a "blurry" screen ? Are the disappearing graphic objects native FTView objects, or ActiveX objects, or embedded pictures ? What type of graphics chipset is in your HP notebook ? I know they had some problems with the NVidia based chipsets. Like it or not, Windows XP SP3 still isn't fully tested or supported with FactoryTalk View. I also don't see a lot of reasons to run version 5.0 when the current version (5.10) is getting all the testing and support.