Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JeepMonkey

Real Time with SFC1

5 posts in this topic

Hi ... I have an S7-313C-2DP plc that I am trying to access the system clock in. I have attempted to use the SFC1 function but I am not having any success. It just doesn't seem to write the Date/Time Stamp to the output of the function. I only need it to update every minute or so and I have tried various triggering methods but I am sure at this point I am missing something simple. If anyone can help me out I would certainly appreciate it!!

JeepMonkey, The output of the function is in "Date_And_Time" Format. Either define a Date_And_Time variable in a data block and use that or in the Variable Table in your function define a Date_And_Time variable. Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca

I did it both ways and neither one ever updated. I am guessing I have something messed up with the OB10 block but I can't find a description that tells me how to set it up. Well I did but it doesn't give me enough specific examples to figure out what they are talking about. My CPU uses a software clock instead of a hardware clock but I don't know if that makes any difference. Thanks for the tip though.

JM, 1. Forget OB10. 2. Open a DB. 3. Setup a Date_And_Time variable in DB. 4. Call the function in OB1 5. Pass that DB parameter to the output 6. Open Variable Table 7. Monitor the DB parameters byte by byte in the variable table as character Regards, Behnam www.sigmaprocess.ca