Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lchamarthi

PowerFlex 40P

3 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am using AB Power Flex40P VFD, where encoder can be connected to 40P. PLC as master and VFD as slave for start and stop commands for our application. After power up, machine is homed and then allowed to run the motor reverse and forward to reach certain distances for Gun which is mounted on the machine continuous. During this process, when machine working the whole day we want to keep the machine position as same with respect to all the speeds. I am using StepLogics, with which VFD can be stopped after reaching commanded destination, without any external stop command, by this i can achieve good accuracy. There are Pos tolerance,Pos Gain and Pos Fliter parameters playing major role in accuracy. what could be the best combination fo gain, filter & tolerance so that accuracy /position would be same with respect to all speeds and Accel/decel. I'd appreciate your early reply.

The parameters are going to be a function of the mechanics of your system. One would have to trend the position and speed overshoot and experiment to determine the "sweet spot" for parameter settings. There are a number of datalogging packages out there, with my preference for WebDock DAQ (free application for a few datapoints, with 1 sec being the shortest Delta-T possible).

Hi Kaiser, Thanks for the reply. Could you give some more guidance on WebDock DAQ ?