Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond

PLC for camera system

4 posts in this topic

We just installed a new camera system for our Layup line. Our camera system uses a binary input and output instead of discret inputs and outputs. Im looking to get a small Mitsubishi PLC for this system. I will need at least 16 inputs and 16 outputs but would like some spares. I have only worked with the Q Series and a very small brick FX. Would a FX1N-40 MR-ES/UL be plenty for what im needing with 24 in and 16 out. The camera system sends out the binary for diffrent alarms. All I want do is take whenever I get one of those inputs to fire a output to the strobe light. Also I need to know if I can use GX Developer to program with. I know you can use GX with the FX1S, but im not sure about FX1N. Thanks for you help! Edited by JDHammond

GX Developer supports FX1N too. For FX3G is need a fresh version of software.

Yes, I could do it without a PLC, but I dont want to burn up a $5000 camera controller without going through a PLC or a buffer relay. By discrete I mean there is no direct contacts on the camera system to come off of to do what I want, and I would like room for expansion. I looked up the FX3G, but they were a bit out of our price range. I found a FX1N-40MR for around $400. This should be more than enough for what I need. Thank you for your reply!

That's why I think that my advice will not be superfluous. The required number of diodes in combination with the single solid-state relay or opto-triac will cost much less. If to do all carefully and with head you run no risk and it help to save much money.