Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dariusch

Q61LD load Cell Input module

4 posts in this topic

Hi all, In the manual it says it is possible to connect up to 4 load celle on 1 module. Anyone know if it can be 4 different placed loadcells (4 different weighing) or is it only for averaging the 4 celles into 1 weigh? Thank you in advanced! Dariusch Edited by Dariusch

I'm 95% certain it averages 4 load cells. There is a member here that has used this module and gave it good feedback (I think there is an app note on www.meau.com using his application). I have not used this module but did review the manual for an application Edited by bobtalbot

Hi Bobtalbot, Thank you for the reply, I have got info from my reseller and like you write, it is only one measure but with up to 4 load cell. Dariusch

You can only have 1 loadcell directly connected to the loadcell module, but you can have more than one connected through a summing card. I just recently completed a project that used two cards (one for a entrance scale and one for an exit scale) to find an injection % value. The old system was one scale head with a summing card, but by using two Q61LD modules it was like having two seperate scales on one PLC. This had the added benefit of keeping the scales seperate for easier troubleshooting and calibrating. I believe (depending on the CPU) you can have up to 64 modules if you wanted. It could even be possible to take loadcells, say for a floor scale, back to 4 different cards and do summing in the PLC. I don't know why you'd want to, but it's possible. :-P