Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainofwind

communication between s5 and NEMATRON

1 post in this topic

hi everyone! now I encounter a problem about communication. it is between the s5 ( type: 100u ) and a MMI monitor( NEMATRON, type: IWS-2123). information about the monitor: it displayed blank with a sudden poweroff several weeks ago and after repaired it now can display normally. when the monitor runs the post and everything seems normal in it, when it runs the program , it displays " plcerror" . i execute the self test program and it reports ok. i now have done things below: 1 I get a laptop to communicate with the monitor ( in the same com port) , and i can get files from it and transfer files to it . it seems the com port is ok. 2 I get a laptop to update the program in the s5 plc (100 u , being used now) , and the s5 plc runs well now. it seems the plc is nothing wrong. 3 i decide to change the cable ( type : mic-24/cl/p DB25<--->DB15) , cause there is a pcb between the two sides of the cable, it is not simply direct linked to each other. i borrow one (the same type with mine) and try again, but the same fault appears. possibility of two bad cables is samll, yes? i can not confirm these. and i check for the settings(communication format and so on) in the software configuration according to NEMATRON manual. nothing changed. and i also check for the jumpers in the workstation and found it ok. (information about the communication format : Chapter 9N Siemens S5 Programming Port Protocol The Siemens S5 series of controllers formerly included only the S5-101U and the S5-115U processors but now also includes the S5-135 processor. The Westinghouse PC500 also uses the Siemens S5 driver. Each requires a specific communications link protocol as described below. Hardware Setup The Workstation and the Siemens S5 controller only operate with the Workstation as the master and the S5 controller as the slave. The standard communication format for the Workstation appears below: 9600 baud 1 stop bit 8-bit word length Even parity Hardware handshaking Point-to-point (PT TO PT) communication The driver works only in a point to point configuration with the Workstation as the master, and the S5 controller as the slave. The following communication parameters are fixed on the S5 controller: 9600 baud 1 stop bit 8 data bits Even parity Because the S5 programming port is a 20 milliamperes (20 mA) current loop device, you must use a “current loop to RS-232 converter” to connect the S5 controller to the Workstation) andbody meets with this or has used the NEMATRON monitor or has a good idea about this? i need your help ! thanks! Edited by rainofwind