Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wastewaterplc

ControlLogix PLC to Eaton Drive via Enet

5 posts in this topic

"HELP" In a few weeks I will need to commission an EATON SVX Drive to talk with our ControlLogix L61 using Enet IP. This will be the first project so any help would be great. If any one has done one of these application any tricks you have would be great.

Have not done the eaton drive you mention but I do have several rockwell enet/ip Contrologix and drive machines in our facility. One important gotcha for maximum uptime. Keep you drive and i/o EnetIP stuff on one wire/switch and your RSlogix/HMI on another. This means you'll have at least 2 enet modules per CLGX but it is weel worth it from the perfromance side. Others will provide more experience and the technical of why this works so well, I just know it does.

I've had mixed experiences with SVX drives on EtherNet/IP. Did you get any examples or manuals ? Can you point to some online ?

Did you get any examples or manuals ? No Can you point to some online ? I went to Eatons website in search for a Communication Setup Manual or something of that sorts. Of course I found "Nothing" Searched for AB and got something about Device Net. But of course thats the wrong bus I am using. Here is a link to Eatons Knowledge Center that is all I have !!! I did email the Tech support but still waiting for a reply !!! http://chexpert.ch.cutler-hammer.com/selfs...sp?locale=en_US

Sometimes their tech support is slow on the email front but they are usually pretty good on the phone. Free and no waits, Tommy and Ken know the product pretty well, had a recent catastrophe they helped us through. call the 800 then menus 2 5 2. email can take forever. As long as the drive supports the comms protocols of the controller you should be able to talk.