Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Armadillo852

Factory Talk32 ME

1 post in this topic

This may be an obvious answer, but for some reason I cannot figure it out. Over the weekend the plant I am working at changed the IP addresses of the PLC, Robot, and Panelview Plus 1500P. The reason........ IT wanted it changed. (I see your eyes rolling, and I also heard the sigh's.) Well now, every time we boot the HMI up, we get an error about the activation and the 7 day grace period thing. Never had this before. We are using dongles. If I go into the FT Tools>>Get Activations tab>> The "Use host ID of this computer" is always checked. If I change it to "Use host of a dongle," and close it down, it reverts back to the use host id of this computer. It will recognize the dongle is there. The activations wizzard does not work. AB tech support says it is a bad dongle. However these worked before and I doubt there is 3 bad dongles. Also, we do have in the start-up menu a batch file we run to not have the factory talk ME boot up right away to allow the dongle to boot up first. I am sure I am missing something here.