Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZedP

CP1H-X40DT1-D COM ports locked out

5 posts in this topic

About 3 years ago, I have lost programming ability via USB port due to the positive ground fault in the system at that time. USB port is dead. PLC has been operating properly since the incident and all programming was done via one of the two RS 232 ports ( actually via COM 2). I was going to impliment major changes and part of the changes was to change the protocol for this port ( from SYSWAY to TOOLBUS). As I was uploading the setting changes, in horror I relised what I have done, but it was too late I lost comunication with the PLC and have been unbale to comunicate with it via old settings or revised settings/protocol since. The second port, COM 1 - was configured to comunicate with NT3-STB126B-E programmable display. I can't access it either. Since I only uploaded that part of the settings, program still runs, and looks like properly. I have tried to remove DC supply and also the backup battery for 12 hrs, hoping to "wipe" settings clean and get some sort of "factory default" - if there is such a thing. Any ideas ? How would you proceed ? Is there such a thing as factory default ? Thank you for all the opinions

Hello Have you tried Dip switches 4 and 5? I think they return ports 1 and two back to factory defaults for programming (Toolbus) Switch them 'On' and have a go. Pp

Did you ever think that looking in the operating manual for the PLC might possibly be useful!! CP1H_Port_Settings.pdf

UPDATE I forgot to mention that I have placed switches 4 and 5 into "ON" position about 2 weeks ago... But since you gentlemen insisted that this shall bring factory defaults, I tried one more thing. I just fabricated new serial cable and HOORAY, it started to work! The old serial cable must have packed it on at the same time ! Thanks for insisting, also to the replay below, thank you!