Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Systech1

RSLinx Enterprise & 1747-L552/C(SLC 5/05 rev C)

5 posts in this topic

I'm trying to use a PanelView Plus 600 and a rev C SLC 5/05. The program is done for both, however I cannot get the tags for the PV+ to talk to the PLC. I've changed the comm settings for the PV+ and Linx Enterprise only seems to recognize a rev E 5/05. I've added the proper EDS files from Rockwell for rev C, which will show up as a device I can add that's a NetENI-connected PCCC device(which will show up just fine, until a browse which the device goes back to being unrecognized), not an Ethernet SLC device. I did use the linx EDS Hardware Installation Utility to import the files from a separate folder. I'm just trying to figure this out and looking for any guidance or suggestions.

**Update** I still haven't gotten the 5/05 to show up properly (with it's corresponding icon) in RSLinx Enterprise, however I did figure out what I was doing wrong. I never accepted the new communication settings that I made in the application for the PV+. This is the first time that I've dealt with the PV+, I usually deal with IDEC O/I, which is a completely different style of doing things. Thanks all for being ears for this. I also apologize for a rookie mistake.

I have had issues with PV+'s and going between RSLinx where if you do not closes everything out, sometimes to the point of having to reboot, you will not get Linx to establish connections. It is a glitch that the local rep confirmed but has not found a solution for. Anyone else have similar issues? I have had to go as far as removing the nodes from FT View ME and closing it, rebooting and then opening Linx. To go back to working with the screen, I also have had to remove the driver in Linx and close it, sometimes reboot, and then open FT View.

I have had many weird things happen with all aspects of Factory Talk View ME including communications. I had to work with an application a few days ago, and when browsing the tags, it was showing addresses for a completely different PLC. It was showing data tables (both offline and online) for a PLC that also has an ME application that I had opened several days prior. The IP address showed up correctyl, but the offline and online tag data was wrong, even after refreshing all tags. When I manually typed in the address I knew I wanted (which did not exist in their browser) the data (when testing the display) would show up as though there was no communication. I was also online with the target PLC using RSLogix/Linx Classic, so I am absolutely certain that the IP address was correct and that the data I wanted was really there...After a few minutes of head scratching, I shut down FTView and restarted it and it was still wrong. Finally I rebooted my PC and it came up working normally. My 1st (and only) PV+ app that I had to write from scratch should have been a cakewalk, but I could not get the DF1 driver to operate correctly. I repeated the same steps several times and could not get communications. Finally, I deleted all of the tags and the shortcut, recreated them exactly the same as before, and it worked. I have no idea what was different. Now, I avoid FTView. Any new hardware HMI installed here will be Red Lion if I get my way. When I do have to make changes to a PV+ or run FTView for any reason, I go in with the expectation that there will be weird problems, and that I will probably have to reboot my PC at least once. I gave up trying to understand all of the things I have seen FTView do, so now, for me anyway, the answer is reboot and try again. I hate that answer but it seems to work over 90% of the time and is faster and less tedious than searching through thousands of tech papers at ab.com. When I first got FTView 5.10 to run (after a week of frustrations) it would hang at least once per half hour. The funny thing is that FTView ran like crap the first few days after installation, but as time wore on, it started running better and better with fewer problems. A computer and an application shouldn't do that. It should do the same thing every time, but with FTView, there must be a random error generator at the core of the turd with a runtime meter feeding its bias input. Edited by OkiePC

I am having yet another FTVIEW Problem that is as frustrating as any. The 1400 and the panelview compact edition are talking via ethernet, some of my dispays are working, but I have made mods and wanted to update my programs. loaded into the 1400 fine. wanted to upload tags from the processor while online and I agree with Okie about the random faults, sometimes it just hangs, then you do exactly the same thing and it works. Junk.