Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonathanwhelan

MODBUS TCP to DNP 3.0

2 posts in this topic

Hi, Background: I have a system that was built before my time. The master PLC is a Momentum M1 171CCC98020. It uses the RJ45 port to connect to a remote HMI computer, going through Cat5 to a media converter, to a long fibre run, to a second media converter, to Cat5 again, and finally to the computer. I need to get rid of the HMI computer and tie the system into SCADA but the SCADA doesn't support MODBUS TCP (at least not without a costly licence). I'm looking for a MODBUS TCP to DNP 3.0 protocol converter that I can stick into between the PLC and the first media converter (need to go over that fibre). It needs an RJ45 port in and an RJ45 port out. I have found this: http://www.prosoft-technology.com/content/view/full/7382 which seems to be the closest contender but not exactly what I want. Anyone a device like I'm looking for (or another way to get DNP 3.0 out of that M1)? Thanks edit: wrong link Edited by jonathanwhelan

I haven't got an alternative but I have used the Prosoft converter you refer to and set-up was quite straight forward, I was using a Mitsubishi Q series Modbus card.