Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mmp

Data Highway + Breakout?

5 posts in this topic

I'm quoting a system upgrade for a client who has a legacy ISA card, 1784-KTX. For the upgrade I want to replace it with a 1784U2DHP (USB Data Highway Plus). The way the ISA card interfaces with the system is through 3 screw terminals. The new USB adapter will instead have the standard DH+ connector on the end of it. A gentleman I spoke with at Rockwell recommended I get a third party adapter that will convert to three wires or a breakout, rather than pig-tailing the connector. I haven't been able to find anything with a quick search but I'm guessing someone here has used such a thing. Any recommendations?

I'm note sure that we're talking on the same page here - so do NOT break anything ... but ... if I understand what you're asking, the "three screw terminals" that you mentioned are actually located on a plug - and I believe you can pull that plug out of the KTX card ... once you do, you'll probably be able to come up with a matching connector - or something along those lines - to get things hooked up to your liking ... the plug manufacturer is probably Phoenix if that helps ...

I found a manual. The 1784-U2DHP has the 8-pin round connector that plugs into the front of a PLC. 1784-U2DHP Manual

Hmmm.... I see what you are talking about: http://www.controlbase.com.br/Images/SemiNovos/1784-KTX.gif I have no idea how I would interface it with the HD+ with the USB cord. I don't actually have the card with me so I can't look at it directly.

Yes. I want something that interfaces with the 8-pin round connector and gives me a place to connect the 3 wires that formerly went into the DH+ card.