Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike_Patton

DH+ network

2 posts in this topic

I want to add a PV+ 600 terminal to an existing system . This is a stand alone DH+ network with a SLC5/04 and a PV standard terminal. I have started the application in Factory Talk ME. But have got bit confused re: the comms. Also the tag folders, should the folder be named as the plc processor? Any help would be appreciated.

The basics: Create a DH+ driver in the "Runtime(Target)" tab of RSLinx Enterprise, including a target SLC device with the appropriate DH+ node number of your SLC-5/04. Because you do not have a DH+ interface card on your development PC, don't try to create a DH+ driver in the Design(Local) tab of RSLinx Enterprise. Create a Shortcut in RSLinx Enterprise that points to the Target SLC. When you define HMI tags or Direct Reference connections in FactoryTalk View Studio, the Shortcut name in square brackets [ ] in the tag definition. It will also show up in the "tag browse" of RSLinx Enterprise as a folder name. There is a pretty good FTView ME User Manual under the Online Books section of FTView Studio Help that describes the basic structure of RSLinx Enterprise drivers, shortcuts, and connection syntax.