Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eziccc

ANY message through QJ71C24

16 posts in this topic

Hi all! So I want to send STRING messages using Q01 CPU through QJ71C24 to other PLC. Other PLC will responce - so I want to receive messages. I think I have to periodically write/read my messages using TO/FROM instruction to some adress of buffer memory of QJ71C24 - is it the best way? What is the memory adress of QJ71C24 for send/receive messages? And what else I have to do besides pasting/receiving messages to buff memory? Thanx. Edited by eziccc

Do you use GX Developer or GX IEC Developer?

Check out this function block. The help-file is swedish, but I think the inputs/outputs are pretty self-explaining. http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/do...125728E005D40FF

Thanx. But there's function block LEN_E which absent in Q01 CPU. What can change it?

You can open the function block and find all the information you would like about sending/receiving data using the C24 module. You could also simply do a little modifying to suit the function block to your specific needs.

OK! Thank you. Maybe there is info about sending/receiving through QJ71E71 using TCP(UDP)? And when my Q CPU is connected to HMI PC with UDP protocol - can I connect and send/receive messages Q PLC to other PLC?? Edited by eziccc

You know - cannot send not printable characters using Q01... (0D - hex). Maybe somebody knows howto convert with Q01!!

Sure you can. Simply move the character (0x0D) into the send area (buffer area) of the module and the module will send the non-printable character....

Its OK with sending characters, but cannot recieve! And one more - when I'm connected to HMI/Scada with comm module QJ71E71 (eyhernet) - can I send/receive characters during HMI/Scada works??

You should be able to receive special characters also. Check the buffer memory list to see if any settings enable/disable special characters.... Yes, you can send/receive both SCADA and other devices. You can open 16 sockets (8 simultanous connections) så you can communicate with 1 SCADA and 7 xx devices at the same time...

I send just ASCII 'hallo' and I have to receive 'hallo' (now my communications configured for tests) but I see in buffer memory (where comes replies - I think 16#0A5 or 16#601) some not printable characters... Edited by eziccc

What do you use to send 'hallo'?? Hyperterminal?? Do you press ENTER after inserting 'hallo'??

I send 'hallo' using this - http://www.beijer.no/web/web_aut_no.nsf/do...125728E005D40FF included POU "NoProt_Send" to my main task and its sending through QJ71C24N (channel 1).... and I wonder - do I have to force "ReceiveMode"??

Hi again. Sorry about the number of connections, I was thinking about the Ethernet card. On the C24 you cannot connect more than one device on the RS232 port, and you can connect a standard RS485 network on the RS485 port. Regarding the FB I have looked at the help file (I understand Swedish ). The input "ReceiveMode" should be set to "FALSE" (You specify that you receive xx number of bytes), and then you set the input "MessageLength" to the number of bytes you wish to receive

I put to ReceiveMode "FALSE" but ReceivedMessage still ''..... It's OK with receive now!!! I put to PLC parameter for module QJ71C24N Switch settings: Switch1=0762 Switch2=0006. Thank you for help!! Edited by eziccc