Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JLDrescher

Help SLC5/03 NET-AIC+ DH-485 Network

9 posts in this topic

Since Last Post, 07 Feb 2010, Upgraded To Win-XP SP2 From 98SE Upgraded RSLinx Lite 2.43 To 2.54 Quit Trying Homebrew 1761-CBL-ASxx, Could Not Verify Short Cable Lenght (8"), If Impedance Was Problem, Pinout Was Correct, Twisted Pair Cable. Purchased 1761-CBL-AS03 Cable, Correctly Config COM-1 On PC, Now Dedicated w/Rockwell Comm Serial Driver. Got Some Of DH-485 Network Communicating, The Next Learning/Teaching Is Communicating w/1761-CBL-AS03 From 1761-NET-AIC+, Port-3 to SLC5/03 CH-1. Goal Is To Not Use My 1747-PIC. Included w/Post Is .jpg DH-485 Current Using Network's. This Forum Has Considerable Helped Me, a Place Of Excellent Resource(s) w/Documentation, Have Researched This Forum-AB For Related Topics, Filled In Alot Of Unknowens, Along w/AB Literature Library & Knowledgebase [everyone]. Should Have Tech Connect/Knowledgebase Access By Next Week. Thank's Again All!

JLDrescher, Nice picture. Maybe I'm missing something here. Are you saying the above new setup is not working? As shown I think it should be ok. Can you post a screen shot of your RSLinx configuration and one which shows RSWho.

Will Have By Tomarrow The RSLink/RSLogic-500 Configuration .jpgs. Yes, There Is a Comm Problem With The "RED" Lined Displayed Network For DH-485 The Problem(s) Are Using The 1761-CBL-AS03 From 1761-NET-AIC+ Port-3 (Phoenix) To The SLC5/03 CH-1 (RJ-45). I'am Starting To Suspect A Bad Port-3 On 1761-NET-AIC+. The Other Network's (Colored) Hardware & Software Configuration Is Working, But Do Not Want To Use The 1747-PIC, Since The 1761-NET-AIC+ Is Din-Mounted Inside Panel.

Hopefully This Should Do, Also Thanks For The Nice Pic Comment. When DH-485 w/NET-AIC+ Network Is Operational, Will Do a Complete Tutorial For This Forum.

Well, I don't see anything wrong. Assuming the cables are good it should work. Hopefully someone else can spot something. In the mean time it never hurts to clean RSLinx. Delete the driver shutdown RSLinx and start over.

Here Is The RSLogix-500 Channel Configuration(s)

Forgot To Display/Mention. Same RSLogix-500 Channel Configuration Used w/1761-NET-AIC+, Nothing Get's Changed.

Have you looked at flashing the firmware of the devices that are on the DH-485 network? Their firmware may have been fine for the dated PIC interface, but not for the newer AIC interface. I seem to remember a simliar scenario some years ago.

That Sounds Like A Winner, Let Me Goto AB.com and See What I Can Locate Thank's Will Be Back When Completed w/Update. Thank's UPDATE: Just Finished w/AB Tech Support, 1747-OS302 Firmware In a Non-Issue When Going From 1747-PIC To The 1761-NET-AIC+ SerB. If Communicating w/1747-PIC, The NET-AIC+ Should Be Communicating As Well, Tried Another 1761-NET-AIC+= No Comm, Tried 9600Baud/No. "Token" Configuration Should Not Matter As Well. Suspecting 1761-CBL-AS03 Cable, They Have No Ohms Impedance Specs, Just Pinout. Port 3 (Phoenix)w/1761-NET-AIC+ Will Assume The Node Connected To It, So When Communicating, Will Show Up In RSLinx. One Last Item To Verify Is The SOLA Power Supply To 1761-NET-AIC+, Vdc Specs Are 20.8 - 28.8Vdc. Edited by JLDrescher