Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
David R

wonderware Data Change Scripts to excel

10 posts in this topic

I was looking up script notes for wonderware to excel. In data change scripts. Tech note 21..Do's any one have some advice on this?? I need 10 tags ones a day.. Thanks..

Which version of Wonderware are you using? Do you have rights to run the HistData application? Just need a little more info before we can help out here....

J.B.Jennings, Thank you for your reply.Iam useing Wonderware Intouch 9.5 ,,I do not have rights to IndustrialSQL server 9.0 real time plant Data Historian. But i can run HistData that is in my wizard selection

As long as you are using WW to log the values, you can use the HistData wizard to pull the tag values out at any time you want. It's been awhile since I have used HistData, but I found some valuable resources using google. I am in the office right now, I will look at my notes when I get to my laptop. Good Luck.

Are theses daily totals, or something similar? If so, you can use the Filewritefields function, to create a .txt or .csv file, and what ever time you want. You could do it in a data-change, or a conditional. If it is for totalisers, I use a conditional & look at the $Hour & $Second system variables. This way, you can make it reset whenever you want.

So is what I posted beneficial to you? If you need an example, send me a PM, and I will whip something up.

Private Message. Allows you to post information that you do not want visible to the entire forum, such as email address's etc, which can also be snooped....