Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobLfoot

Excel 2007 RSLinx DDE

3 posts in this topic

I received the following in a PM today: So that everyone can learn I am posting the question and the path to a solution here. Scott - First welcome to mrplc.com. don't hesitate to post questions that's how we all learn. Now to answer some of what you asked. 1. I would suggest you try Rack_2:O.Data[1] and see if that tag generates data or an error. 2. Have you looked at the mrplc download section examples - not to toot my own horn but I will there are two good examples I posted. A. Example 1 B. Example 2 3. Finally Microsoft is deprecating DDE in favor of the more secure and wiser used OPC. So search and read up on that also. 4. If you can post your spreadsheet there are several here who will test it and comment also. AGAIN WELCOME TO MRPLC - WE'LL WORK WITH YOU AS YOU WORK WITH US.

Bob, Thank you for the reply. I went back and tried it again with your sugestion but still did not work then tried using all caps and it took and worked. I then went back and tried it the original way and that worked also. Either I was mistyping something and didn't catch it or I was doing something else wrong I am not sure. Anyway I will attache the file so others can see it but it is working right now. One other quick question Can I look at two differant topics going to two differant PLC's in the same spread sheet. I tried it but it would only read the first topics values. If I opened a second spread sheet it would correctly read the other topic so I know the path and syntax were correct. Scott Data_Loger.xls

Example #1 I referred you to read the clocks of 25 different PLC's some PLC5, Some SLC 5/05 and two Controllogix in a production environment. The example is scaled back due to disclosure rules, but your answer is yes done right it will work.