Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gamerayers

CS1 Serial Comms

8 posts in this topic

I am currently working with a CS1G-H CPU and need to be able to send a serial command to a Dummy LED display. There is no feedback from the display and all commands will be single direction from PLC to Dummy Display. The command is <SOH>s:D9999<CR> The 9999 will be the output of a count down timer in ASCII. I want this to continuously output ever .1 seconds if possible using a TXD command (I would think that is the correct way to do it). I am using the onboard Comm port and have it set currently to Custom 9200, 8,1,N, RS-232C, Disabled, CR/LF,0ms delay. Whenever I check the A329.05 bit to see if I can send it is never set. I am currently running into a port monitor to see what is being sent, but the LED display device will only use the SND/RCV/GND wires. Is there something I have to do to get that bit to set so that the message will send? Is there a way to disregard that bit so it will just send constantly? Thank you.

It may be as simple as not having the RTS / CTS lines on the port connected. Try placing a jumper between pins 4 and 5 (RTS and CTS).

You're correct that I don't have them connected. My display doesn't have pins for them. It really is dummy. I will try that Monday.

Pins 4-5 are needed to be jumped, but from an old document I had, I found I needed to jumper 7-9 also. Now it appears to work.

Just 4 & 5 needed to be jumped. use A392.05 (i think) to indicate port ready.

No, this is not true. I went back and reviewed some documents I had from Omron when I was doing FINs serial, and they actually told me to jumper 7-9. When I just tried it yesterday, jumpering 4-5 did nothing, and 7-9 alone did nothing. You have to jumper both sets for A392.05.

gamerayers I verified this morning with a test on a CS1. You do not need to jumper 7 and 9. Some older Omron diagrams show this as the 'universal' cable. The reason for pin 7 to be included was to support the older H series PLC (C20H, C28H, C40H), as well as some older NT HMIs that had a built in 9 pin port, but SG was on pin 7. If 7 and 9 were jumpered on the programming cable, you could use the cable for C200HS, C200HX, CQM1, CQM1H, NT, C20H, etc, as a 'universal' cable.