Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfwise

SLC5/05 DeviceNet

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone used an OMRON V600-HAM42-DRT or V680-HAM42-DRT DeviceNet RFID controller on a SLC5/05 Processor with DeviceNet? Did you have any problems getting it to work or setting it up? Looking at adding RFID to a line and was wondering if anyone had used this setup before.

Dumb question, but why not use an AB RFID for a clean interface? Here is a link: http://www.ab.com/rfid/ No, I have not used an Omron, sorry.

Thank you for your suggestion but almost everything in our plant is Omron and we already have many of the V600's in stock. As of today this post has become irrelevant as we've decided to replace the AB controls with Omron because all of our technicians are trained on Omron, we carry spare parts for Omron, and our Japanese support staff only know Omron.

Dave, Ok, I see why now. Just a little confused there until I see everything else is Omron. Glad you got it figured out.

I will soon be using the V680 RFID controller (interface with Omron PLC, etc.). Has anyone found any programming examples, documentation, etc? We are using pallets on conveyors and tags (standard circulating conveyor setup) I have a little experience with SUNX and IFM Rfid systems. Any help or experiences shared would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to prepare for a HUGE conveyor project. Thanks