Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mitsu

GX Configurator DP: Extended user parameters

7 posts in this topic

I'm trying to connect a Siemens remote IO-island (IM153-1) to a Mitsubishi Q plc using profibus (QJ71PB92V master). Communication with the IO-island works, so no problem there. However, i'm trying to configure some of the cards on the remote IO using the GSD. For example, there are a couple of analog cards for which i want to change the measurement range (0->10V => -5V->5V). The IM153-1 gsd has all these configuration options. In gx configurator DP, i can access these parameters under "Slave parameters wizard/Slave user parameters". I can then select the module i want to configure and change the settings. However, when i transfer the config to the master, it appears that the slave specific parameters aren't getting into the slave (in this case, the IM153-1). It appears to have worked once but without knowing how or what caused it. It works using Step 7 and the same gsd. Is there anything more i need to do to get this working. I believe the same could be done with the MT serie (configuring modules using the gsd and slave module extended user parameters) so maybe someone has experience with that. Edited by Mitsu

Hello. Try to switch the power off and on twice. The master dosen't make the changes until the power is cycled.

Doesn't work either. Is there any difference in getting slave extended user parameters (= specific module parameters) into a slave compared to global parameters (=global slave parameters)? Any order i should power on the slave compared to the master?

Im not sure about specific and global. Isn't global the error alrms etc.? I have not used your spesific setup, but on other setups you must have power on the slaves cycle the pover on the PLC , and then cycle the power for the slaves. But this probobly waries from module to module depending on what it is. I have used Profibus to control servo. The servo inverters is controled by an MGMR30 witch commuicates over profibus. The MGMR30 can control 6 axes an communicates by SSCNET to the inverters. The inverters parameter is stored in an EEPROM and needs to have its power cycled in order to change. When using this setup i first download the configuration to the PLC cycles it then cycles the power for the MGMR30 and then cycles the power to the inverters.

Perhaps this is problems with integration of GSD-file in GX Configurator-DP GSD-database, because of GSD-file contents. I had the similar problem with the third party equipment: in GX Configurator-DP the GSD-file was integrated without problem, but it was integrated in Step 7 with problem. You could look on the contents of GSD-file (by Windows Notepad) and to correct it according to other files which are integrated in GSD-database without problem.

GX configurator DP doesn't seem to have a problem with the GSD (at least not as far as i can see). Some thoughts: - maybe the master doesn't send the extended slave module parameters to the slave - maybe gx-configurator dp has problems with extended slave module parameters (which i doubt, there is a screenshot in the help configuring modules in the same manner) - maybe there's an issue with synchronisation between master and slave (keep in mind though: the profibus communication works) We have configured slaves before using the gsd global slave parameters (for example, the newer danfoss frequency converters where you can configure which menu parameters you want to read from the fc) but never on a module level.

At run-time settings the communication in Profibus-DP must be stopped! All parameters, written into Master, are transfered to Slaves at the run of communication.