Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bryan372002

1794-IT8 and thermocouple help

5 posts in this topic

have a 1794-IT8 (flex I/O rack) thermocouple card. had to rob the terminal base (1794-tb3t) to use elsewhere since this equipmnet was shut down, now I just replaced the terminal base wired everything back up and thermocouples are not working. there is only 2 channels being used one is showing the fault high of 2500 deg. the other is close to being right but fluctuates very badly. I have checked the wiring for the tb3t with allen bradley data sheets and everything looks ok. I have the CJC wired as specified to 35, 36, and 38 with the tail on terminal 1 and the thermocouple is wired on term 0 (yellow t wire +) and term 1 (red t wire -) the other CJC is on 47, 48, 49 and tail is on term 12. Any Ideas what might be going on ?

Did it used to work? Are both your thermocouples OK? Are the settings to the card correct? You using DeviceNET for the adaptor? Is this the same card that was in the system before? The card configuration may be different...yet I'm thinking that data is stored in the adaptor. I had a bad card recently. The signals would drop out from time to time. Not correct readings, go to zero, all kinds of stuff. If I cycled power, it would then work for awhile. I swapped out the card and it has been working fine since then.

See below for an important step. I have seen this. First power the module then power the adapter(it was a RIO adapter). Then place the processor in the program mode then back to run. Edited by Mickey

yes it worked before, not sure about thermocouples, but they worked when we shut down. I didnt replace the card, only the terminal module (TB3T) the adapter is Enet (AENT).

The adapter and card are on the same power supply, I have cycled power but have not tried placing the controller in program then run. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, appreciate it.