Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt1

GOT1000 Real number display

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am currently working with a GOT1000 HMI and a FXU3 PLC. I am having trouble displaying a real number value(128.624 for example) on a numerical display. I am calculating this value as a D(word device). The GOT software(GT DESIGNER) allows me to choose the device("D404"), choose data size(32 bit), View format("Real", Digits "6", and decimal points "3". Now the only thing I have been able to discover is that it is displaying the 32 bit integer(1124096014). Does anyone know if there is a away to solve this problem so that I can display the real number value(with decimal points) that I am calculating? Is this a limitation of the GOT1000? Thanks for the help! Matt

Turn on the Extended tab, and set data type to REAL. You set display type to Real on the first tab, which simply tells it to display a number with decimal places. If the number in the PLC is in real mode, then you must change the data type on the Extended tab. Note how the setting on the first tab is in a box called 'View Format'. The one on the Extended tab is called 'Data Type'.

Thanks for the support Crossbow. I was able to convert the floating decimal to integer and display it as a real number(with the decimal point where I needed it). Really appreciate it! Matt