Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockmastez

Error code 2120

6 posts in this topic

Having this setup.. Error code 2120 occured. All parameter settings were set according to manual. Tried w/o using QA68B. Connected GT1575 after main base Q38B = no problem. Could QA68B be the main cause? Pls advise. Edited by rockmastez

I'm fairly sure the Connection Manual for the GOT1000 indicates a special setup on the bus with the upgrade racks QA68B or QA1S68B. SH(NA)080532 is the manual number to review. You can get it from www.meau.com. Chapter 2 deals with the bus connection. 2.3 bullet 9 deals with this. The GOT must be allocated as the rack number after the last actual Q rack, but connected at the end. So your GOTs would be set up as RACK 1, with your extension racks as 2, 3, 4, and 5. But they must be the last connected devices.

Yes.. ive read that manual & hv tried the setting below but still unable to erase off the error.. i even tried to set up the GOT as stage 1 / 2 / 3, but the error is similiar. Manual did not state about the QA68B.

I hv tried to setup with 1 GT1575 only, & outcome is still the same. I hv tried to setup using 1 extension base only, & outcome still the same. Tried using without using the QA68B extension base, problem eliminated. Not sure if this GT1575 is compatible with QA68B. Cant find any reference regards to this problem. Edited by rockmastez

As I replied, the GOTs must be set as the base number BEFORE the QA68B racks. Not just one of them, but ALL of them. Set your GOTs to rack 1, then your QA68B racks to 2, 3, 4, and 5. Keep in mind that rack 1 will show to the PLC as 10 slots, and the 8 not used by GOTs will be marked as empty, which may affect your I/O addressing depending on your project settings.

Bravo! Tested as per your reply.. Error corrected & theres no more problem. I guess all the q series base has to set infront of any A series parts... Thanks again.