Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slcman

ACH to RSS convertion problem

8 posts in this topic

Someone ask me a question thru email. I send it in the forum to share knowledge with other and maybe help other member. (I didn't send the attach program) SLCMAN.. Good Morning... I have a SLC question for you, if you dont mind. ( I will try my best to explain ) I have a SLC 5/02 connected to a DTAM via the 485 port. The original program was written on APS and I only have RSLogix 500 for the SLC/Micro products. The 5/02 processor has some intermitten problems. I do tho have an old APS transfer utility program that allows me to get the program out as an .ACH file and then I use RSLogix 500 to convert to a .RSS My problem is that after I converted it and reloaded it into a new SLC 5/03 everything works ACCEPT for the messages being sent to the DTAM. Any ideas would be appreciated. I attached both files if you need them. You will need to rename the extension on the 5070.RSS as a 5070.ACH it would not let me upload the .ach file. Thanks, //************************************************************ I look the convertion and found why it's not working. 5/02 use channel 0 in msg instruction and the DH-485 with RJ45 in 5/03 is channel 1 so you'll need to change in each MSG instruction the channel # (change it for channel 1, see picture). For see this window, just clic on setup in the MSG instruction. Edited by slcman

You got to love the old 1747 DTAM don't ya. I just documented an entire program that only had 2 pages of I/O prints just enough to point you in a direction if you had a problem. with a field device. The 1398 servo was running as a stepper with a HSTP1 with no documentation. Pull and tug wires to find termination points.

//************************************************************** Thanks so much. Another set of eyes always does the trick. I didnt see the forest for the tree's. I also have this problem, that after I look at a issue too long, I couldnt see it if it was right in front of me..!! :) Thanks Again..I will try it soon as I get to work in the morning.

Hi SLCMAN.. Sorry it took me awhile to get back, but their was more pressing items to take care of. 1st, I did what you said about the channel configuration on each messgae instruction and downloaded the modified program. 2nd, I created a fault condition to verify the operation of the message on the DTAM. Well, it kind of works now, but only part of the message shows up now, where previously with the old processor the entire message was displayed. Example: Instead of displaying ESTOP, it now displays //////TOP 1. Any ideas.?? 2. How do I look at the actual message in the DTAM, so if I wanted to, I could edit the message..?? Thanks for all your help, Mark

I delete your program file (*.ach and *.rss). Resend it to the forum I'll look on it.

Here they are. Remember tho, the 5070.RSS is really 5070.ACH Thanks, PS. Are you anywhere near St. Mary's..??

Check msg instruction, you'll need to resize N10 file or start a new integer datatable for Control block of MSG instruction. Why? in 5/03 control block 14 Elements instead of original plc who need only 7 element in datatable. In the msg setup screen, you start to write from N10:10. In the original plc N10:0 to N10:6 is used for control block, now N10:0 to N10:13 is used but you also use N10:10 to N10:17 for write....here the overlap, here is trouble. I open both project for send you a screen shot.