Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ule

GX IEC developer problem!

11 posts in this topic

Hello I have a problem with GX IEC developer. I'm using FX3U plc connected via ethernet with my computer. I was connected online to PLC, when suddenly my computer shut down. And here is the problem. When I trying to open my project with gx iec, it offer me a choice: "try to recover" and "use backup". I select "try to recover" because I haven't got buckup, and then I get a notice ----------------------------------------------------------- " Can not allocate Share memory" ----------------------------------------------------------- and another notice ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- " Runtime error! Program: C:/MELSEC/GX IEC Developer/mmp.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Can I have any chance to repair or recover my project, or I must rewrite again? Thank you for any help.

Not sure what you can do to restore the program on your pc, but you should be able to pull the program back out of the PLC. You will have to redo all of the documentation stuff but at least you will have the program.

Try the following to restore your application: 1. Restart computer 2. Start GX IEC Developer (DO NOT OPEN ANY PROJECT) 3. Close GX IEC Developer ("Project"->"Quit") 4. Start GX IEC Developer again 5. Open your application 6. Select "Try to recover" This procedure has worked for me once..... Edited by kaare_t

Don't worry about the "cannot allocate share memory" warning .... I regularly get that when attempting to check a POU. The best way to avoid it is to always build the programme rather than checking the POU. IEC will still work, and the message goes away after a reboot. IEC is normally very good at recovering projects that have been closed abnormally. Does IEC open and run if you don't try and open that particular file? In other words, is it IEC Developer that is having problems opening? If you have exported the project to an ASCII file for an HMI name list, you can recover the programme by importing the ASCII file back into IEC .... normally works fine. If you zip the project folder and upload it, I'd happily try and recover it, as long as the version is similar.

@ Duffanator: if I upload program from PLC, I only get a IL version of program and no symbolic. @ karre_t: your procedure didn't work for me. I tried your's procedure on other computer with no success. @ Colin Carpenter: IEC normaly has no problem with openinig and runing on other files, just this one. I attached broken file and uploaded file from PLC FX3u_broken_project.zip Upload_from_PLC_IL.zip Edited by ule

When you write a reply, down in the right corner you have an "Attachment Editor". Browse the file, click upload then "Manage Current Attachments" and click the "plus" sign to insert the attachment into the text editor. Be aware: Max 3.91MB attachment, but this should be enough when you zip the GX IEC project.

I tried to open your attached project with no success. I get the same error messages as you get, so the program seems to be corrupted beyond repair..... As Colin mentioned, GX IEC Developer is usually pretty good at recovering projects if something unexpected happened but this project seems to be broken. Have you tried contacting your local Mitsubishi rep. (like the error message says) to check if they have a solution for this problem?

I send e-mail to my local Mitsubishi rep. and waiting to reply.

Sorry, I can't help either. Downloaded the files and tried to open them, but the message I get is that they were created with a newer version of IEC Developer (I'm still using V7.00)

My local Mitsubishi rep. can not fix broken file. They sended to Germany and they are successfully repared my project, but they did't tell how to. They fixed evrythig, also my comments in project. I had to open new project and import repared file in to and inastall some extra libraries in and rebuilded all. Project was successfully downloaded to PLC. Evrythig is normal now and its work again. Thank you all for help