Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lukera

PV+ over Controlnet errors

4 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a control net network setup with 3 panelviews on it. i did not setup this network but have been charged with the task of maintaining it :) The nodes are addressed 12, 13, and 14. Everytime there is a power failure in the mill, node 13 loses communication and reloads the program as node 14 which causes it not to work. How do i ensure node 13 allways stays node 13? During the last power failure node 12 PV would not boot up with an error code 40 so I replaced the PV. node 12 now shows a mismatch in rsnetworx. how can i resolve htis? I hope this is enough information to understand whats going on. thanks

Are these PanelView Standard terminals or PanelView Plus terminals ? Can you post one of the configuration files ? A device identity mismatch in RSNetworx means there is either a different firmware revision online than offline, or that the device is a different type (like a 6" instead of a 10" unit). In RSNetworx for ControlNet, you generally resolve this by right-clicking and selecting "resolve device mismatch", which updates the offline file. In RSLogix 5000 (if that's what you are using) you need to select "Compatible Keying" or "Disable Keying" for the PanelView device.

Ok. i figured out how to reschedule the controlnet network. this fixed the device mismatch problem. I noticed in RSLogix now the nodes all have exclamation marks over them: Edited by lukera

Thanks for the info, I did what you said and was responding to my own post as you were replying :) I was also using the wrong netwrok file in RSNetworx because someone created a bunch of backups. I figured it out by checking the card properties in rslogix which pointed to the correct file.