Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDr

Pick Recipe by scanning barcode

2 posts in this topic

I have used Recipes or Data Blocks on the NS Screens numerous times before and have always had the operator scroll up and down the screen, pick the recipe they want to load and press the button to load it. This works fine. My current application is a little different. In this application the operator will use a barcode reader connected to the NS screen to scan a barcode that contains the part number they want to run. I would like the recipe to be automatically picked and activated based in the part number scanned in. I have the recipes working manually. I have the barcode scanning in. Now I need to link the two together. There may be 1000 different recipes. Any ideas on how this may be done. Thanks

I don't use data-blocks, typically do it in the PLC. Couple of thoughts, does the data block position have a reference position that it writes to, if so, then you could create a little script will assign this position the value of the required recipe? Or add the recipe to the PLC, and do it all in there?