Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JDHammond

GT1575

7 posts in this topic

I have our spare GT1575 on my desk. I want to go through the screens on my desk before installing it, but how do you get by with the screen switching?

Your question confused me... 'how do you get by with the screen switching'? What are you trying to do? There are screen switch buttons you can create on the screen, and the current screen numbers are stored to registers as indicated in the System Environment settings made in the GT Designer2 software. Modifying the value in the register will modify what screen is being displayed. www.meau.com has an online training course on GOT1000 basics, and instructor led courses which go into far more detail.

I dont have it hooked up to a PLC. I just have power running to it. I downloaded the OS and installed my program. The base screen comes up but I cant switch screens. Can I do this without a plc or do I have to hook it up?

Hello, I pre-program our spare GOT's before stocking them on the shelf so a technician can swap it out if need be without calling me in to program it. (That tends to happen around 2am as a general rule ) I can switch between screens without being hooked up to the PLC, however, I do get a comms error displayed in the middle of each screen. Hope this helps, plcdp

Do you have to set your drivers or OS to computer? Only my base screen comes up and it will not change to another screen. Do I have to change the screen switching under the system enviroment. Mines set up as D42 for the PLC. Edited by JDHammond

if you do not have aPLC and want to switch between screens you must not link switches,data entry,data displays and every thing with plc you can link them with internal hmi registers ad that will enable you to switch screens because the HMI does not respond because of communication error "PLC is not existed" good luck

If it's set to store the screen numbers into a PLC register, and you have no PLC connected, you will have trouble changing screens. For testing, you can switch the screen change registers to GD addresses, which are data registers in the GOT.