Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenJones

FTP Transfer / FTP client for E1101

8 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm struggling a little with FTP (File Transfer Protocol) when using E-Designer and an E1101 panel and using HMI tools which was provided. I think I'm 90 % there though as I can transfer to my pc trent files and alarms (txt and skv) but I can't work out how to make a new Recipe. I want to see my analog data from register eg. D100, D101 etc as a list. I've played for a few days but instructions for all programs seem a little confusing ! I am using internal flash memory rather than an external memory card. I have managed to create two connections using both a Com port (FTP server connection) and an ethernet connection (FT client connection), both connection work correctly and I can connect and see the panel no problem. I can copy trend files and alarms from the panel to my pc, but can't see how to make new recipes. I have enabled the recipe folder (called default), but there is no file skv or txt in there. Questions I have are as follows : 1) I'm not sure of the difference between the FTP client and FTP transfer programs (they both seem to do the same ! ) but I can have an IP ethernet connection with 'FTP client' and only a COM port connection with 'FTP transfer'. 2) I do not understand how to make a recipe and edit it so that I can see specific Analogue data in columns. Do I need to somehow edit one with FTP client and send it to the panel ? It says I have to edit a recipe but I cannot see the skv file to edit. Also there is mention that I need to create a 'Recipe Control Block' and 'Current Recipe Register' with the controller, but there is no mention of how to do this ! Masssively confused. 3) There is also a thing in Project Manager called Data Logging. Is this part of the recipe stuff or a different way to log data ? Which should I use ? Any help would be appreciated. Ben

Hi. What exactly do you want to do? Datalogging or recipe handling?? I get a little confused when you mention datalogger and recipe as if they were kind of the same functions.... The recipe functions allow you to store setpoints like a cook-book for future use (you can create a recipe, then modify setpoints and then get the recipe again which inserts the previously stored setpoints). The datalogger functions allow you to log process data in different manners (change, time, bit-alteration). Tell us what you want to do and it's easier to help. I would use the ftp client (TCP/IP). The ftp transfer (serial) was simply a workaround in the earlier days without TCP/IP (existed on the old E-Series)....

Hi Kaare, I see, yes I got confused. I just need to log data (don't need to change any setpoints so obviously don't need recipes in that case). Ok, great so it's FTP client I need to use, that makes sense. I have 16 analogue inputs I need to record data from. I could log them every minute, then it would be good to transfer this data to the pc either manually or automatically every 10 day for example. I can log in to the HMI fine and can see the the E1101 terminal and all the trend data logs and the alarms but don't understand how to manually set up the datapoints I wish to record. Do I have to program anything with IEC developer or can this be easily done simply with some settings with Data Logger in E-Designer and then using FTP Client ? Maybe that makes it clearer. Thanks again, Ben

Its ok, I think I know how to do it now. I just need to set up Data Logging and I can also set up a sample full signal when the max number of samples is reached. I could use this signal to maybe send the data to the panel automatically and then can start saving another set of samples under another name. Ok, I'll think about that next. Thanks Kaare, Ben

Did you find out everything you needed?

Hi Kaare, Yes thanks, all going well. I was massively overcomplicating things and it was so easy to do with the Data Logging. The only thing I'd like to do now is to put a heading (Title) on each column of the data logs (so that I know which analogue signal is which). Eg 'Pressure, ' Temperature' etc. I cant find a way to do this as you cant input a name for each of the data logs. Have you managed to do this before ? Ben

No, sadly you cannot insert a heading/name in the DataLogger (you will have to to that manually in excel or something later on).....

Ah ok, Yeah I couldn't figure out a way to do that either. Obviously the Trends do it by using the name of the Trend / Object. Its a bit silly that they didn't include this in the program as it's an obvious thing to do you would have thought. Thanks Kaare, Ben