Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman47

Micrologix 1200 Input Map

9 posts in this topic

Gents, I received a machine that had a ML1200 with a 16bit input expansion card. The builder said everything was checked out but I could not see the expansion mod in the I/O config and four selector switches were not showing up on the online program. I opened the input map and there are 16 bit input words all assigned to I:0.0 thru I:0.3. When I mouse over the bits they report as I:0/0 thru I:0/63. This is confusing me (and the builder's guy) since there are only 24 physical inputs available, 0 thru 23. I added the expansion module to the I/O configuration and then I got all of the above addresses and a 16 bit I:1.0 word (I:1/0 thru I:1/15). The builder's programmer asigned inputs I:0/24 thru I:0/27 in the program to represent the additional inputs of the expansion module. These, of course did not work since there are no physical addresses I:0/24 thru I:0/27. The real addresses were supposed to be I:1/0 thru I:1/3 to be on the expansion module. What then are the other addresses, I:0/24 thru I:0/63, for if they are not physical inputs? Stickman47

The additional I:0/ inputs are confusing but they show up anyway. I don't know why. Just pay attention to the inputs that you know are physically present on the base module. I have never tried to use them for anything. I don't know if they are even present and addressable in the Micrologix or just there for the convenience of those who wrote RSLogix 500. You can try it and let us know. Otherwise I just ignore them.

How the addresses are displayed is configurable under View Properties. See picture below I/O Bit Display Mode Settings Slot/Bit = I:0.0 Slot.Word/Bit = I:0.0/0 The base type and size determine how many I/O's you have.

Mickey, Your instructions are valid for the ladder display but not the Data File. The ladder has input I:0/18 but, in the data file, that same input is shown as I:0.1/3. I can't find a way to get the data file to display the same as the ladder. It gets confusing when coordinating bits in Factory Talk View. I only see this in Micrologix units, not is SCL's. Stickman

I just tried it and it works for me? (see pic below)

I only see those options if I right click on the ladder. How do I find it in the Data File section? All I get in there is information about the address, Input, Output, etc. but no view properties. S.

For what it is worth, I change my view properties as Mickey mentioned and my data files do changes as to how they are displayed.

That's right , the data file section does not have its own view properties. The picture I showed is global.

The physical structure of the Input, Output and Bit data tables seems to be fixed as words of 16 bits. What will change when you change the options is the readout in the tooltip and in the detail below. It seems to follow the format chosen for the ladder.