Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Error code

3 posts in this topic

Earlier i was playing around with the Startup function setup in the Computer setup Wizard in Citect 7.1. Now for some reason when i start up (with no licence key) the runtime doesnt ask if id like to run in Demo mode but runs for abput 10-20 secondds and then displays the following error: No protection Key found or no licence available from network. Pressing ok States a Software protection failure and runtime closes down. I have changed back anything i changed in the Setup Wizard but the error remains. Has anyone came across this before? Edited by justwhy2003

No. But I am a Citect SI and use a full dongle for development. Edited by BobB

I came accross this old post just now when I was having the same problem, and this is the only match. Citect Version 7 will not run in demo mode if networking is enabled. Set [LAN] TCPIP = 0 Problem solved. Still communicates to the PLC fine. Just not to other servers, which is fine for development. To BobB, helpful response. I also am SI, but someone else has the dongle, and I only have an old version dongle. But I always found that the dongle is pointless for development, and 10 minute demo mode is fine for testing development. Especially as you need to restart whenever changes are made. Hopefully this post can save others the many hours of pain I have had with this problem. Why can't Citect just tell you to set TCPIP=0 in the popup that says "Software Protection Failure". They could have saved me a lot of trouble. Edited by The Fat Controller