Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmab

configure a MSG instruction from Compactlogix to SLC5/03

8 posts in this topic

How to configure a MSG instruction Read and write from Compactlogix L32E to SLC5/03 using Devicenet? I want to use all cards of SLC500 like remote I/O of Compactlogix.

What Devicenet Adapter are you using in your SLC. I am not familiar with hardware that will let you do this.

Iam using on compactlogix one 1769-SDN and ond SLC I am using one 1747-SDN. I configured ond compactlogix like master and on SLC I configured like slave.

Unless things have changed recently in current revisions the 1747-SDN did not support operation as an adapter like you describe the last time I looked at it.

I contacted the local support in Brazil, and they told me it´s possible to communicate from 1769-SDN to 1747-SDN using explicit message. I tried to configure this hardware in this configuration and I have trouble in find the correct local to connect it. The compactlogix sent the message, but it sent to wrong local. Is it possible to communicate both using consumer and produced?

I read some manuals and discoveried something new. Can I communicate with 1769-SDN and 1747-SDN using explicit message?

You cannot simply use the 1747-SDN as an adapter to control the 1746-series I/O. There has to be an SLC-500 controller that accepts the data being transmitted by the CompactLogix and 1769-SDN and applies it to the SLC input and output data tables. The 1747-SDN can have a single Slave connection. You need to enable Slave Mode in RSNetworx for DeviceNet and define how large the Slave connection will be and where it will be mapped in the SLC data table. This is not an ideal mechanism for running remote I/O from a CompactLogix on DeviceNet. Distributed I/O platforms like Compact I/O (1769-ADN) and POINT (1734-PDN, -ADN, -ADNX) and FLEX (1794-ADN) are simpler to use as distributed I/O.

It is difficult to keep track of all the Input and Output designations as CompactLogix Output data becomes SLC DeviceNet scanner Input data which in turn is written to SLC ordinary Output modules. You're going to need to draw a map. Attached is a ZIP file containing an example of how this could work to transfer 31 words of Input and 31 words of Output data between the CompactLogix and the SLC. I offer this only as an example, without testing or support. To get in-depth information about this mechanism, I recommend working with your local Rockwell Automation office closely. Compact_and_SLC_DNet.zip