Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
agillgren

Online Edits failure

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I'm commissioning on a SLC 5/05 using RS Logix 500 V 5.20.00, and am having some difficulties with the online edit. It works... sometimes, but more often than not I cannot do an online edit. Even with simple changes like changing the value of a constant, or changing a contact from NO to NC, the it will fail at either the test edit stage or the assemble edit stage. At this point i get kicked offline. I normally end up having to do a full download. Very frustrating, and has the potential to cause some large problems once the place is live (as you cannot keep the outputs on during a full download.) Has anyone encountered this before? Any suggestions? Thanks, Annika

Nevermind. I found an older post which fixed my problem. Thanks

Can you share the fix with the forum? Please.

Witch com port are you using (ethernet or serial)? Did you try both port, did you can the same problem with ethernet and serial. If you using serial port, do you use it as DF1 or DH-485? Maybe I'll be able to help with more detail...

sclman, The OP has solved the problem. I was just asking what the solution was. My guess is it was the CIP configuration. See PDF below, it says ML1100 but it also applies to the SLC5/05. ML1100CIPconfig.pdf

Mickey, I wonder if its related to technote 32963 and the CIP configuration? Here is another thread with a similar issue where the technote wasn't much help. To the OP, please let us know, it might be really helpful to a lot of people. Edited by Alaric

YUP, as I said its just a guess. I can't view that KB ( no contract) Edited by Mickey