Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pcmccartney1

Ultra/Kinetix Accelerator Toolkit

4 posts in this topic

Trying to use the Accelerator Toolkit. Have one axis running as a velocity servo. Need to be able to Home, Move/Jog at various speeds. Just seems like the toolkit is total overkill. Thanks, Rick

Hi Rick, What motion card and drive do you have? To get these basic functions all you should need are the following instructuions (at first I'd be tempted to only have these instructions): MAH(Home), MSO (Servo action on), MSF (Servo action off), MAM (Move), MAJ (Jog), MAS (Stop) and MAFR (Fault reset) which are explained here: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/i...rm007_-en-p.pdf I'd be tempted to unschedule/inhibit/remove all other motion code and write your own at first. Also have a look at the 'motion direct commands' in the online help to test out motion functions without writing a line of plc code. Cheers, Mike Edited by MikeSmith

Thanks Mike, Using an L45 with an M04SE and an Ultra3000. I've used the accelerator in the past, but think that the phase logic and addistional coding for Studio ME interface is just unneeded for my app. I'll review the instruction manual and knuckle in some code. Rick

Ok, in sercos you want to configure the axis as "position servo" rather than velocity if you want it to maintain position. Velocity servo disables the position loop.