Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavisIMI

5/03 comm.

2 posts in this topic

I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to connect to a SLC 5/03. I tried connecting with my serial port with a RS232 cable and kept recieving a error in RSLinx to check the baud and parity rate. Windows auto updated my computer and I have SP3 so I can't use my PIC cable, I check all parameters in Rslinx with the PLC's manual and every thing is the same, I connected with a 5/01 this way, through the serial port on the SLC, with the DF1 driver, is there a reason I cant connect to a 5/03 this way? Thanks Edited by DavisIMI

HMMM? the SLC5/01 does not have a serial port and does not support DF1 protocol. See PDF below for a how-to connect to the serial port of your SLC5/03 if its configured for DF1 protocol. Do you have a real serial port on your laptop? What cables, adapters, converters are you using? Do you have the offline file for your SLC5/03? If so post it here and someone can take a look at the comm. port configuration. Remove SP3, there is no reason to have it. rslinx_setup_serial.pdf Edited by Mickey