Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sbaum

NS Firmware v8.21

1 post in this topic

Ok, so I’m becoming a tad skeptical with the firmware updates for the NS screens. I now thoroughly test each update before implementing it. (If you read posts prior to this you’ll see I’ve learned this the hard way.) For the most part I think the major issues of v8.2 are fixed in v8.21. However I’m noticing (I also remember it being this way with v8.2) that the screens are ‘flaky’ or flickering at times. Let me give some examples… 1. I have some screens that change automatically on specific events. Randomly when this happens, the screen will only load partially. There is no pattern to this action when it does or doesn’t happen. 2. The borders on some Numeral Displays will flicker when values are changing. 3. I have a push button that must be held 10 seconds to prove. There is a 10 second ‘count-down timer’ overlaid on top of it. The numbers flicker as they change. Ok these are small things and maybe I’m being too picky, but I don’t think this should be happening in a quality product. I’ve been using my screen project for over 2 years and have probably upgraded it to 3 or 4 NS firmware updates. This is the first I’ve noticed these idiosyncrasies. My hardware is a NSJ8-TV01B-M3D. I’ve also tested the above on a NSJ12-TS01B-G5D and it acts the same. Change back to firmware version v8.1 and the issue is gone. Has anyone else noticed issues? or maybe I'm overlooking some features in the new update?