Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest bb9773

OMRON CX Dongle network sharing

3 posts in this topic

Hi, everybody, I have a "1 user" CX supervisor dongle, which works fine if I connect it to my parallel port. Dongle istaller finds the dongle on my port, and CX supervisor works OK. The Dongle installer program has also a possibility of sharing the dongle over network. I would like to have the dongle installed on a remote PC, and then activate it on my PC (scan sequence over network). I read the help file and the manual, and I tried setting up as it says in the manual and help file, but the scan sequence couldn't find the dongle on a remote PC. I receive a message 7 error, "check HL-SERVER is loaded for network connections". I set up the parameters: Remote PC (Win 2000): dongle connected localy on a standard printer port, the scan sequence founds the dongle, Network protocol: None, I also marked the "Share a dongle on a network", accepted the settings and restarted the PC. My PC (WinXP): no dongle installed, I left default parameters for local dongle (all ports, standard port), Network protocol: I tried all, IPX/ISX, NetBIOS, but the scan sequence couldn't find the dongle on the remote PC. What could be wrong with these settings? How is the dongle shared on the network? Can I see it like a remote pc or something? Or, after the scan sequence I just get the reply that the dongle is found somewhere on the network and thats it. Is it also possible of using 3 CX supervisers (runmode) at the same time, if I have "1 user" dongle shared over the network ? Thanks, for any answers, I hope somebody will know where's the problem in this case, bye, Bozo

You will need a dongle specially prepared for network sharing. These are only sold by Omron Europe and not in the US. With regards to running multiple runtimes on a shared dongle, it must be a multi-user dongle.