Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
naptime

Micrologix 1100 String Data File

4 posts in this topic

I have two-character packed ASCII in integer registers N13:0-2. I move the three integers to ST15:1.DATA[0-2] with three MOV instructions with no trouble. I can see the correct data has been moved because it is being displayed in each MOV instruction within the ladder editor. But when I view the ST15 data table ST15:1 is blank, zero length, no characters. Now, if I type any random junk into this blank string, what I type sits there for a second, then the correct string (N13:0-2's data) appears. Does anyone understand this phenomenon I am seeing? What am I not understanding about string data in MLX? I'm more than willing to provide more detail if anyone inquires. Regards, Ryan

Try moving a 3 into the ST15:0.LEN at the same time you are moving the integer values in to ST15:1.DATA[0-2] and see if this helps.

Thank you for your input WP. That proved to be my issue. One bit of clarification for future readers though: .LEN represents the number of characters in the string, therefore I had to use 6, not 3. Thanks again!

Welcome to MRPLC Naptime and thanks for sharing your awake time with us. Having your final solution post makes this whole thread very useful.