Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
prasathhome

contrologix L62 PLC expansion

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I have a 10 slot 1756 rack with L62 PLC on it. I have to add an additional rack of same size. I'm thinking of using ControlNet bridge card in both the racks. my question is should i have to use the same slot in both the racks for controlnet card or can i place controlnet card in slot 6 in first rack and another card in slot 0 of additional rack? Thanks

You can use any size ControlLogix chassis and install the module in any slot. You can also install multiple 1756-CNB and 1756-CNBR modules in the same chassis. You can install as many modules as your power supply can accommodate (such as the number for which the power supply is rated).

I believe there is also an expansion cable to add the 2nd rack without using CNET if they are close enough together physically. I mention this only because CNET requires RSNetowrx to configure and setup the CNET Network.

The 1746 chassis and the 1769 Compact bus both have expansion cables, but the 1756 series chassis for ControlLogix do not. You can use ControlNet or EtherNet/IP bridges in any slot of the chassis.

I stand corrected.