Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kchishti

SLC 5/02

3 posts in this topic

Problem: Having a communication problem between 1746-BAS (Basic Module) and weighing scale through Weighing Amplifier AED. History: I have SLC 5/02 processors installed on the weighing scale application. Currently the load cells are communicating with SLC basic module through AED converter (Called weighing amplifier). The problem is that communication can only be done between these two modules with different end-to-end communication protocol. RS-422 at Basic module end and RS-485 at AED Weighing amplifier end. Even this communication does not work properly. If there is any power failure or there is any surge in the power, the processor gets stuck and AED goes back to its default location once power is backed up. As a result no communication takes place. Please help me out in this! Regards Khurram

Why don't you use analog input for this? Basic modules are pain (very slow and very limited). I don't think they are used by more than very few people.

Use jumper on Basic module (JW1 for port PRT1 or JW2 for port PRT2) for setting configuration. And either Basic modul and AED converter will RS-485.