Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest irfan

versapro software can not start

9 posts in this topic

i have downloaded versapro profesional v.2.03 software,.. from GE-Fanuc website it doesn't contain the files installation but the versapro's file,.. when i was trying to run it in my computer,.. its error with this message : THIS APPLICATION HAS FAILED TO START BECAUSE GFX.DLL WAS NOT FOUND. RE-INSTALLING THE APPLICATION MAY FIX THIS PROBLEM anyone can help me ? thanks in advance, irfan

I think what you downloaded was a service pack intended to upgrade an existing installation of the software. It contains only the files that are modified by the upgrade, not the entire set of files. It only works if you already have VP installed on your computer.

no,.. its'not service pack. its really a versapro files,.. you can check in this link : http://www.geindustrial.com/support/downlo...203S05_Prof.zip in the file description it has been mentioned : VersaPro 2.03 Professional Edition so,.. i think this is not service pack,.. it is the source of versapro,...

The VersaPro files on that page are all service packs. You're misinterpreting what you're reading there. VersaPro software is not distributed as freeware, even though it has been replaced by Cimplicity ME Logic Developer PLC. You can download the old DOS software called Logicmaster. It supports almost all of the function set, certainly everything you need to get started learning about GE Fanuc programming. Check here: The file to download is LM9030d.zip

Thank you for your explanation Steve :),.. I think I agree with you, that is a service pack. But, I ever read that Versapro has a demo version. Which we can use it for 4 days trial. And after that, if we still want to use it, we have to uninstall it, and install it again. in this demo version, we can not download our program to PLC. Do you have the demo version of versapro ? I already have the logic master 90-30 demo version. but in this demo version we can not insert reference input address exceed %I0512 and reference register address can not exceed %R2048, and so for the other reference address. Because I need to enter the reference address more than that value. If you have the demo version of versapro, would you like to send it to my email ? Irfan_A@pec-tech.com Thanks :) Irfan

As far as I know, there is no 'demo' version of VersaPro. If you can get a copy of the VersaPro CD from your local GE Fanuc sales agent, you can install the software and run it for four days without licensing it. After that, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it. Eventually, you get tired of uninstalling/reinstalling and realize that it's easier to buy a license. It's not particularly expensive. You should also be aware that VersaPro is being replaced by Cimplicity ME. If you're going to purchase programming software, it should be that. The only drawback to CME is that it requires significantly more computer resources than VP (minimum of 128 meg RAM). The memory limits you mentioned are a function of the CPU model, not the software. If you configure a CPU 350 or higher, you can address %I values up to %I2048. CPU340 or CPU350 support %R addresses up to %R9999, and CPU351 and above go to %R16384.

Thank you for your information steve,.. that is really a useful information for me,.. i have already read the manual e-book,.. which I downloaded from www.gefanuc.com but sometimes,.. I still confuse when I try to apply it in the field,.. I'm using PLC GE series 90-30, CPU type : 364 and PLC GE series 90-30, CPU type : 374 I want to ask about communication port from PLC to computer As I know For CPU 364 there are 3 port of communication + 1 in power supply FYI, I'm using Power (PWR331). I want to ask about GE Series 90-30 which is using CPU 364. In power supply there are 15 pin paralel port communication RS-485. And in the CPU there are 3 port of communication 1. PORT1 RS-232 using RJ-11 connector 2. AAUI 3. 10BASE T using RJ 45 connector I still confuse about : 1. Can I download my program (ladder logic and configuration) from my computer to PLC using whatever of all of this port ? 2. What is AAUI ? And when we use it. 3. When I better to use : a. 15 pin parallel port RS-485 than the other port ? b. PORT1 RS232 ? c. AAUI ? d. 10 BASE T ? 4. For human machine interface, I'm using Cimplicity Plant Edition. Can I install versapro and Cimplicity plant Edition at the same computer ? And download my program from versapro to PLC, which at the same time Cimplicity Plant Edition is running ? 5. For 15 pin parallel port RS 485 in power supply. If I want to connect it to my computer. I have to use RS485 to RS232 converter, right ? 6. Can I connect PORT1 RS232 directly to my computer ? 7. Can I connect 10 BASE T directly to my computer ? 8. What protocol I can use for each port ? OK,.. that's all for now,.. :) Thanks, Irfan

I want to ask about GE Series 90-30 which is using CPU 364. In power supply there are 15 pin paralel port communication RS-485. And in the CPU there are 3 port of communication 1. PORT1 RS-232 using RJ-11 connector 2. AAUI 3. 10BASE T using RJ 45 connector I still confuse about : 1. Can I download my program (ladder logic and configuration) from my computer to PLC using whatever of all of this port ? The RS232 port on the CPU364 is only for maintenance and flash upgrades of the CPU firmware, not for ladder logic programming or data communications. The 15-pin port on the power supply is a serial port, not parallel. It supports GE's SNP and SNPX protocols, and can be used to download/upload programs or for data communications. The AAUI and RJ45 ports onn the CPU module can be used to upload/download programs or for data communications via ethernet. The AAUI port requires a transceiver to convert to whatever network media you're using. The RJ45 port can connect directly to another defvice (sorry, I don't know if you need a crossover cable or thru) or to a switch on your network. 2. What is AAUI ? And when we use it. 3. When I better to use : a. 15 pin parallel port RS-485 than the other port ? As I said, it's not parallel. Every Series 90 PLC ever made has this 15-pin port available, so if you have the RS485/RS232 converter and cable, with the proper software you can program any Series 90 PLC. Many people like to keep it available for that reason and use one of the other ports for data communications. b. PORT1 RS232 ? Only for flash upgrades or other maintenance c. AAUI ? See above d. 10 BASE T ? See above 4. For human machine interface, I'm using Cimplicity Plant Edition. Can I install versapro and Cimplicity plant Edition at the same computer ? And download my program from versapro to PLC, which at the same time Cimplicity Plant Edition is running ? As long as you have enough computer resources, yes. Keep in mind that if Cimplicity PE is using the serial port on the power supply, VersaPro will have to use a different physical port. 5. For 15 pin parallel port RS 485 in power supply. If I want to connect it to my computer. I have to use RS485 to RS232 converter, right ? Yes, but remember, it's not parallel 6. Can I connect PORT1 RS232 directly to my computer ? Yes, but only for maintenance/flash upgrades 7. Can I connect 10 BASE T directly to my computer ? Yes 8. What protocol I can use for each port ? Power supply port - SNP or SNPX, slave only Ethernet ports - SRTP, maybe Modbus TCP Edited by Steve Bailey

Thanks again for your explanation steve :), I feel more understand now with your explanation. Now, I want to ask about communication in CPU-374. There are only 3 port communication in CPU 374 1. Station Manager (RJ-11) 2. 2 port of RJ-45. Are these 3 ports have the same functions and ability with the ports that available in CPU-364 ? Steve, I'm still learning about PLC programming. Do you have an effective method to program PLC using ladder logic without using trial and error ? Specially in GE product. As we both know, there is no way to test our program in GE PLC without connecting it to the PLC. Can you give me a simple example programming in GE-PLC Series 90-30 using Versapro ? with an input address, and we create an input system data table, then we process it in ladder logic, and write it to the output system data table, before the PLC give an output ? Is it right that we only use the %G when we want to share our data between one PLC to another PLC ? Thanks a million for your help :),.. Irfan