Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dugmick

Cannot add module to remote drop

4 posts in this topic

Module_Information.pdfHi all - I am attempting to add an ET200s module to a remote rack. I can add it in the hardware configuration, save and compile, download, but when I go online with the hardware config, the node is faulted. I tried another module (same style - 2RO), another terminal module (same style - 4CB30-0AA0), and a different type module (4DI), all with the same results. Putting the module at the middle or the end of the group had no effect. Here are the output module and terminal module used: 6ES7 132-4HB10-0AB0 2RO module 6ES7 193-4CB30-0AA0 terminal module The head end module is a 6ES7 151-1AA03-0AA0. All existing terminal base modules are the same, 6ES7 193-4CB30-0AA0. A coworker suggested adding another power module to the middle of the module group, but that had no effect either. Removing the module and terminal base, and downloading the original configuration brings it back alive as if nothing happened. I have attached a screenshot of the configuration with the faulted module information, as well as a .pdf of the full diagnostics from the information dialog. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Hello dugmick. The errors in your screenshot indicate a problem with the backplane of the ET200S rack. Is the termination module installed at the right end of the ET200S rack ? It is a little plastic thingy that is easy to miss. Are all modules properly snapped into each other ? One electronic module or terminal module may be defective. Try to make a minimal rack with just the IM151-1, a power module, one DI electronic module, and the termination module. If this goes OK it indicates one of the removed modules being defective. edit: Another suggestion. After downloading a modified HW Config, cycle power to both CPU and DP slaves. Edited by JesperMP

Thanks Jesper, cycling power seemed to be the magic bullet, the drop is happy now. The hardware configuration page looks strange now, some slots are shaded green. What does this mean, and is it something I should be concerned about? Thanks

The green shading indicates where you can 'drag-and-drop' the 4DI module that you have currently selected in th HW catalog. It can be dropped into empty slots or slots that are occupied with compatible modules.