Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bunkerpete

Data output through a GOT

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have an A2US and a GOT975 connected by BUSS connection. I also have some A1SJ71UC24-R4 RS485/422 cards. My question is can the RS232 on the GOT be used to send data to a PC for data logging or will I have to get to grips with my RS485/422 cards?

As far as i know, you can not send data from that port. Bu you can read/write data from/to PLC using that port. Which you can use for data logging.

I have read on other posts that I can use the RS232 on the GOT as if it was the programming port on the PLC it’s self but I have not tried it.

You can use the RS232 on the GOT for PROGRAMMING access from a PC. It cannot send data, such as to an OPC server.

Many thanks once again.

I tried to program my PLC though the GOT this weekend and GX could not find the plc. I'm I missing a setting in the GOT or somewhere else?

In the second row of Transfer Setup on the GX Developer settings, double click on the first box, and select GOT Transparent Mode (Bus Connection). What version of GX Developer? And you are actually using the bus connection to the PLC right.

GX ver 7.18, There is no "GOT Transparent Mode" to select? There is a "via MAC/MTA transparent mode". Is this the same? I am using a BUSS cable.

Your software is ancient. MAC/MTA are the terminals Mitsubishi buys from Beijer, so that is not the same thing. I do not have a history back to the version 7 stuff to determine when transparent mode appeared. GX Developer is at 8.78 now. GX 7.18 is over 6 years old.