Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Winall

Help on NT30C to NT31C conversion

6 posts in this topic

Hi All, I am converting a NT30C-ST141B-E to NT31C-ST143B-EV3. Anyone has any guide or experience, pls share with me. Many thanks indeed!

It should be fairly easy, I believe all that was to it is to change the PT model at PT configuration in NT Support Tool. NT Support tool will "convert" the application and you should be able to download it without having to adjust anything. Be sure to select the correct system version, check the System menu in the NT31C it should display the system version (3.12 or something like that)

I actually did the conversion, but it turned out not so simple, even though the method is straightforward. There are some differences btw the 2 models that you have to handle it manually. Problems will become bigger if the PLC side has some code to control the screens.

In the NT31/631 family, starting with hardware version 2, there is a 'compatibility mode' that greatly reduced the differences between an NT30 and an NT31, especially in the area of Notify and Control areas. Were you able to use this feature? This is documented in Appendix C of V064 http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=853

Of course I checked on this optiion, but problem still occurs. I'm fixing the PLC program side due to the different in PT Control/Notify area structure.

HI I did follow the manual but the end result is not satisfactory and some screen missing the contents after copy. Regards Mike 31