Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JNeill

Help in Atlanta

7 posts in this topic

Hello; I have been handed a project that has a GE 9030 and a Siemens S7300. The bulk of the work is done, but I really need some help with the GE, I work for a small company just North of Atlanta GA. If anyone would be interested in a short term contracted job to help, mainly tutor me through the rest of this please contact me for more info! James Neill

Ask the local GE Fanuc distributor if they can recommend somebody. I'd be willing to help, but I'm not local to Atlanta.

Are you using Proficy ME to do the programming of the 9030?

Yes I am.

Thanks to all for the help and advise. Sorry for the delay in response. I have found a way "for now" around the problem by using the HMI as a gateway between the drive and the plc. This will enable me to sort through the comreq stuff while the machine can be used.

Let me know if you need further assistance. We are in the Charlotte area which I think is about 4 hours away. One of our guys used to be a applications engineer for a GE rep so I am sure he can help. We have videos on the Proficy stuff also on our training site (PLCMentor.com) that might help also. Russell